‘Tidelines’ is a glaze combination that is reminiscent of foaming waves across the sand.
- this glaze combination is used on various pieces little jugs,bowls and it is especially striking on the Carafe and Cup set
- Carafe and Cup set is thrown on the wheel
- turned, dried and fired as decribed above
- the speckled iron spangle glaze is very time consuming to mix to a smooth consistency as the spangles settle at the bottom, it sometimes can take up to half and hour to get it to a usable consistency!
- a volcanic glaze is used to achieve the bubbling, foamy effect
- after the glaze firing the volcanic glaze has to be ground down to reveal the bubbles